THE INSIDE RIDE 101 - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET STARTED
1. How do I register and start fundraising?
Online via credit card to PayPal at www.LOCATION.theinsideride.com where they can then search for your name or team name.Cash and/or cheque. Make sure to keep a record of these donations on a pledge form and hand them in to your team captain BEFORE event day.
- Create a team of 6
- Register online at : www.LOCATION.theinsideride.com or search for your event in the calendar.
- Personalize your fundraising page – tell your story and why your friends and family’s support is so important to you
- Use social media, it’s easily accessible on your personal page to get others involved and ask for donations.
- Pick up the Team Package from your organizing committee if you have not already done so and distribute permission forms and pledge forms to your team members.
- Start to fund raise: Email and social media are super effective fundraising tools! Your personal page has lots of tools and ideas as well as templates for you in your personal accounts. Feel free to customize them to fit you…or send them out as is.
2. How do donors make a donation?
3. I'm a Team Captain, what do I do with the TEAM PACKAGE? use it to track that all of your team members have registered online and submitted their permission forms, pledge forms and collected cash and cheques to youACADEMIC EVENTS : submit the COMPLETED Team package at minimum 2 days before your event. Listen for announcements for where and when this will happen at your school.**COMMUNITY and CORPORATE EVENT: submit the COMPLETED Team package at check in which typicallopens 1 hour before the event - check your event page for timing**
**ONLY the Team Captain hands in the package. The team package MUST have the team summary sheet, pledge form, waiver (corporate or community events), permission forms (school events), along with any cash and cheques collect from all team members.
4. Event Day - now what?Registered participants, your complete team will be allowed to enter the event floor to find your bike 15 min before event start time.Opening Ceremony & Dedication before every event RIDE! 10 min riding shifts with a break between each to change rider Awards and Closing Ceremony - Awards for highest mileage, best costumes, spirit and fundraising!
5. What to wear?
Team costumes are encouraged - bring your wackiest, funniest, most creative style and compete for the Best Costume and Spirit Award however when it is your turn to ride, remove any heavy layers and wear light gym gear such as t-shirt and running shoes.
Water and a small snack will be provided to all participants and volunteers but please bring your personal water bottle with you.
6. Riding that long will make me hungry and thirsty - will there be snacks/water?
OTHER STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
there is no registration fee for individuals but fundraising is a MUST. ACADEMIC EVENT participants must raise a minimum of $50 per person which is a minimum of $300 per team of six.COMMUNITY and CORPORATE EVENT participants must raise a minimum of $167.00 per person which is a minimum of $1000 per team of six.
1. How much does it cost to participate?
2. What if I don't have 6 team members?
- for safety and FUN we always encourage 6 members on a team. Occasionally a team will have a rider drop out - it's okay, one of your teammates can ride twice. We don not encourage teams of any less than 5
3. Do my donors get a tax receipt?
- They sure do - for any donation of $20 or more. For Revenue Canada a donor must provide a first and last name, mailing address and an email address (this helps us to get your reciept to you faster). Online donations will receive their tax receipt immediately with their donation. For all cash and cheque donations, record the above information on a pledge form and hand it in to your team captain before event day. These donors will receive their receipt approximately 4 weeks post event
4. Who do I make may cheque payable to?
- Cheques should be made payable to "The Inside Ride" or " Coast to Coast Against Cancer "